Friday, October 26, 2007

Irrational fear of falling

I've got a slipped disc in my lower back and it has been screwing up my life for the last two years or so. This is something you will be reading about on this blog, and I mean consistently, in overly exaggerated portions. This stupid disc is the reason I get an anxiety attack every time I stumble or almost fall or trip over my own feet, I even get slightly panicky if I see others stumbling! So, when I go and fall flat on my butt, pushing my spine out in exactly the worst way possible, I feel like I must lie down there and then, in the café (oh yeah, that's me in all my glory), and not move, ever, possibly drowning in my own tears! But, there's a baby to haul back home in the blistering hale, a diaper to be changed, food to be shoveled, teeth to be brushed and before you know it the day is done and the tears, they never got cried!

No comments: