Friday, November 21, 2008

Just stuff

When you're at home with a sick baby/toddler, life gets kinda stuck in limbo, don't you agree. Of course, I'm not talking about the kind of sick where you have to walk around all night long bouncing a screaming baby, thats when you've missed limbo and gone straight to hell!
I am at home with the the boy 'cause he's got an icky cold, nothing serious, just buckets of snot, and it makes life feel suspended somehow, as if the world outside is standing still and, no actually more like the world outside is moving to fast for us and we are confined to our house because we're in slow motion.
Obviously snot makes me all philosophical, and that's not good, too damn boring for one thing!

Because he's such great kid, who basically just wants to colour and read and watch a bit of tv, with the occasional nose blowing request, I've been trying to use my time constructively (haha hahaaahaaahaha, man, that sounds so ridiculous when I say it).
No, serously, I've actually been trying to organize my Christmas baking and experiments with chocolate. Most of the time what happens is that I see something I wanna make, and then something else I like, nomnom, that looks good, and then I start making too many things at once, realize half way through that I'm missing about four ingredients, run to the store (covered in chocolate from head to foot, of course) , without my wallet etc. etc. The result is almost always; too much sweet stuff for two people(too much even for 8 people), sugar overload, great big mess and moi completely exhausted, although very lickable ,what with the chocolate covering.
There is also the fact that I want to give out fancy homemade sweets for Christmas this year, something I've done once before, at 8 months pregnant in fact, when making a great big mess was just a good excuse for eating more chocolate, ahem. This time I want to pick and choose through the millions of varieties and decide beforehand what goes in each box, go to the supermarket with an enormous shopping list and be completely prepared for what will probably turn into an entire week of truffle making.

On a completely different note, I'm parenting pretty much solo this weekend with Mr. McSneezie as Z is in to Akureyri for work until tomorrow night, plus it's his geekweek so he's of early on Sunday for some serious role-playing (haha, the fact that I can say serious and role-playing in the same sentence simply astonishes me). This wouldn't really get to me that much if it wasn't for the snot, cause being stuck at home sucks donkeys ass. Oh well, I guess it just means my boxed chocolates will be so very organized they'll come with order of eating instructions!

No comments: